Monday, August 30, 2004

The Consumer Is Taking Control of Advertising

The title of this article almost sounds like those blaring warning signals you get in the National Enquirer about the end of the world. Maybe for some ad folks this could be the case.

I have always been exposed to online advertising and its ability to target a person so I see that level of targeting as normal. I sit and ask how radio ad salespeople talk about return on investment when you can't really measure how well a radio ad is doing? I know, I know there are ways to try and measure the results but those ways are not always implemented and still companies pour money into the medium in the hope that sales will increase.

Anyway the point I am trying to make here is that for all the beatings that online advertising takes from offline media, the models that are being forged now are the ones that alladvertisers will have to adhere to in the not so distant future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like to say 'blaring warning' over and over. it's hard to do. i don't recommend it for small children under the age of 8.